Monday, November 14, 2016

Working Like Crazy

We have finished the inside carpentry, the electrical rough in, the insulation, the outside has been wrapped, the steps stairs to the basement were replaced, the front steps and part of the driveway removed, the window openings in the basement were cut out of the cinder block wall and all of the windows  have been installed in House #1. The sheet rocker has completed hanging the rock. The mudders/tappers will finish taping in a few days.  A lot has been accomplished!

Basement window
Wall in garage for mud room and storage


House wrapped and windows in

While the sheet rock was being hung and the mudding done, we took the chance to winterize our trailers. What a job! I was fortunate enough to be the one to crawl under the trailer since I have limited skills and Randall’s superior skills were necessary on the outside of the trailer. Good thing I’m not afraid of spiders.

Ann crawling under the trailer
Ann under trailer


Randall and his superior skills
Randall and more of his superior skills
Almost done winterizing the trailer
We have had several things go wrong with the trailer in the last week or so. Amazing timing since Randall had the time to take care of them since we weren’t needed at the work site. Our toilet died, the faucet on the sink in the kitchen was leaking under the sink, and our heater wasn’t working.  I got a new toilet and faucet (Yeah). The toilet has a duvet, you can see it off to the side. We're high class now! Randall had to hire someone to come fix the heater. He was able to watch the heater guy so if we have problems in the future he might be able to take care of them himself.
New kitchen faucet

High class toilet with duvet and pull flush handle instead of foot pedal


We are now starting on the siding. This house should be really nice when we finish it.  A lot of work but I don’t mind it. Randall has been a sweet heart trying to find jobs I can do to keep me busy.

Good Day!

P.S. How 'bout those elections!

4 comments:

  1. So what is this house going to be used for? Ya, how 'BOUT those elections.
    I'm scared. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a duvet in a 5th wheel! Hilarious.
    Looks like you are both feeling better. Hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are looking good! You guys are doing great work. Sounds like it is a fab time!

    ReplyDelete