Sunday, October 9, 2016

Good and Bad


So do you want the Good news or the Bad news first?

Bad news, the Shaw’s have been called to start building a Ranch office in Texas, so they will be leaving this next week. Good news, we have gotten another senior couple, the McKinnon’s, and will be getting another couple in the next few weeks. Elder McKinnon is a contractor and has been for 40 some years so he will be amazing to have here. Sister McKinnon has arthritis throughout her body so she isn’t able to do much. She says her job is to make it possible for her husband to come and serve the Lord. I’m really going to miss the Shaw’s though; Sister Shaw is the most upbeat person I think I’ve ever met. But the job goes on.

Vaden's Left, McKinnon's Center, Shaw's Right
Randall has gotten our tankless water heater put in. For awhile we looked like hoarder's because everything had to be moved from the bunk beds so he could put the water heater in. We were a bit cramped for space. The water flow is so low you can only run hot water if you want it to work (you can’t turn on the cold water at all), so he has it turned down to perfect shower taking temp. It has been amazing and just in time for winter.


We have gotten our window order and should be able to put them in soon (we have to wrap the house first). Meanwhile the boys are still working on electrical and plumbing. Sister Shaw and I have been tearing things out, removing the debris and keeping the grounds looking beautiful.  I get very moody if Randall doesn’t keep me busy, so he’s doing his best (poor guy).

A few weeks ago the young women of Garden City and Ulysses came and planted trees for a service project around the "Lodge". I love them! Trees make everything more beautiful. Taking care of them is also one of my jobs.
Before trees
After trees
Before trees
After trees





















The flies have been horrendous! I must have killed around 40 in our trailer the other night (not exaggerating) and they are the sticky flies, YUCK! Poor Desiree, you’re probably thinking, join the club mom. I’m sure we will live.
Love you all,

Good day

1 comment:

  1. I can testify....you will live. We have flies all year round and can't figure out why we get so many. Yesterday, I counted them........I have a little dust buster with a wand and I sucked up 47 flies in the windows. I suck up at least if not more, that many flies every day, especially this time of the year. If you figure out the solution, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! It's good to see you are doing well on your mission.

    ReplyDelete